With Mako, advisors can easily perform an AML lookup as well as ID Verification on an investor.
A lookup will run as soon as the client completes their section. This can be configurable to firm’s unique preferences so that the process aligns well with the operations.
Note: The information used for these lookups are the name, date of birth (DOB) and address that were entered in the workflow.
Possible results can be explained as followed:
1. Canada Sanctions Justice for Victims of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act
2. DFATD Canada Special Economic Measures Act Designations
3. Public Safety Canada Listed Entities
4. United Nations Security Council List of Designated Vessels
5. United Nations Consolidated
6. UN Consolidated - Related Entities
7. Canadian Freezing Assets of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act Sanctions.
If the lookup fails, it has to be Ignored with a note explaining your decision.
Once it's Ignored, a Yellow Triangle will display instead of the Red X as shown below.
Here are some examples of failed results:
Finally, the Credit File Ascertainment Report can be generated and added to the Documents list once the entire workflow is approved. Here’s how to retrieve the file report:
When are these lookups run?
Are the ID Files uploaded in the Workflows used to do verification?
Is it using their SIN numbers to look them up? If not, why are we collecting it?